How To Talk About…
EMPHASIZE EQUAL RIGHTS
- All human beings, from the moment of conception, are persons with intrinsic worth and possess the fundamental right to life.
- Growing up with a married mother and father is a leading predictor of children’s prosperity, reducing the likelihood of poverty by 80 percent.
REDIRECT PLANNED PARENTHOOD FUNDING
- Women should have access to the best care possible, but taxpayers should not be forced to subsidize organizations accused of selling body parts of aborted children. Congress should redirect funding for Planned Parenthood to the 13,000 other local health centers providing more comprehensive women’s care.
PROTECT THE VULNERABLE
- Legalizing physician-assisted suicide is a grave mistake that endangers the weak and vulnerable, corrupts the practice of medicine and the doctor-patient relationship, compromises family commitments, and betrays human dignity and equality before the law.
- Eliminate taxpayer funding of abortion here and abroad.
- Redirect federal funding of Planned Parenthood to health centers not involved in abortion.
- Repeal Obamacare, which expands funding for abortion coverage.
- Protect conscience rights of doctors, nurses, and other medical practitioners.
- Oppose physician-assisted suicide.
- Since Roe v. Wade (1973), more than 56 million abortions have been performed.
- Roughly 1 million abortions occur every year.
- Two-thirds of Americans oppose late-term abortions in the second trimester.
- In 2013, Planned Parenthood performed 327,653 abortions while receiving over half a billion dollars in taxpayer funding.
Go back to the main list of “Pocket Solutions.“
Click here for more in-depth details and information provided by the Heritage Foundation.