How To Talk About…
A DANGEROUS WORLD
- Rising global threats to U.S. national security now outbalance our armed forces’ ability to prevail against them as U.S. adversaries continue to develop far-reaching military capabilities.
- President Obama’s mismanagement of defense has caused a drastic decline in military readiness and capabilities.
- Weakness invites aggression. The U.S. must modernize and sustain its forces.
A STRATEGY OF STRENGTH
- There is an alternative to the U.S.’s current half-hearted strategy that does not mean putting America on a perpetual war footing. But the focus needs to be on an unashamed projection of American strength aimed at deterring threats before they materialize.
- Fund defense commensurate with national security interests.
- Dedicate units and resources to robust experimentation to ensure that the US military remains the world’s most advanced and effective force.
- Improve collaboration among and between experimentation and research and development organizations.
- The Active Army has been reduced from 45 BCTs to 32 BCTs since 2012.
- The Navy only has 272 of the 350 ships it needs.
- The average age of USAF aircraft is 27 years; these planes are nearing the end of their expected life cycle.
>Go back to the main list of “Pocket Solutions.
Click here for more in-depth details and information provided by the Heritage Foundation.