How To Talk About…
ECONOMY AND JOBS
ECONOMIC FREEDOM AND OPPORTUNITY
- Freedom and opportunity encourage innovation, hard work, and prosperity. When people thrive, families, communities and the nation thrive and the quality of life for everyone is lifted.
ACHIEVING THE AMERICAN DREAM
- The government should stop hindering workers who are trying to achieve the American Dream by reducing legal barriers to increasing their skills and productivity.
- Government policies have diminished the reward for hard work. The typical American worker loses more than half of each dollar he or she earns to higher taxes and reduced government benefits. This discourages work and should be reversed.
- An ever-increasing burden of regulation impedes small businesses and entrepreneurship, innovation, job creation, and economic growth.
- Repeal regulations driving up prices and killing jobs, such as Obamacare, Dodd-Frank, and the Davis-Bacon Act.
- Eliminate occupational license requirements that are not proven to increase safety.
- Advance free trade to strengthen the economy in the U.S. and globally.
- The CBO estimates that Obamacare will cause 2 million workers to leave the labor force.
- In the fourth quarter of 2007, employers created 7.7 million gross new jobs. In the first quarter of 2015, they created 6.9 million new jobs-10 percent below pre-recession levels.
- Infrastructure spending does not create new jobs since it is capital, rather than labor, intensive.
Go back to the main list of “Pocket Solutions.“
Click here for more in-depth details and information provided by the Heritage Foundation.