How To Talk About…
A FOCUS ON SAVINGS
- A typical American household could save thousands each year with fewer, simpler regulations.
- Simple solutions to complicated government regulations could save Americans money on everything from housing and gas to food and clothes.
COST OF REGULATION
- Not all regulations are unwarranted, but volumes of vaguely worded regulations lack rational justification and cost hundreds of billions per year.
- No regulation should be adopted if the American people and their representatives in Congress do not agree that it is properly designed and necessary.
- Regulations should be approved by Congress, not created unilaterally by unelected officials.
- Require congressional approval of new major regulations promulgated by agencies.
- Establish sunset dates for federal regulations.
- Subject “independent” agencies such as the FCC and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau to executive branch statutory regulatory review.
- More than $80 billion in new annual regulatory burdens was imposed during the first term of the Obama Administration.
- Dodd-Frank requires 400 rulemakings by 11 different agencies.
- There are currently 2,142 new rules in the pipeline, 144 of which are considered “major.”
Go back to the main list of “Pocket Solutions.“
Click here for more in-depth details and information provided by the Heritage Foundation.