FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – TUESDAY, August 20, 2019
Contact: Gene Mills
225-344-8533 / 800-606-6470
Louisiana Attorney General Jeff Landry
will receive LFF 2019 Gladiator Award!
Baton Rouge, La. — Each year, Louisiana Family Forum (LFF) presents its Gladiator Award to an individual who goes the extra mile to advance freedom and honors the principles our nation was founded upon. The 2019 Gladiator Award recipient is Louisiana Attorney General Jeff Landry for his dedication to preserving the rule of law and the foundational principles of life, liberty, and limited government.
- Under Landry’s leadership, the Louisiana Department of Justice (LDOJ) has vigorously defended legislatively enacted regulations on abortion providers. Currently, his office is preparing to argue June Medical Services, LLC v. Gee before the United States Supreme Court if certiorari is granted in the case. The law being challenged, Act 620 of 2014 by Representative Katrina Jackson, requires Louisiana abortionists to provide women with a basic standard of care by requiring physicians to have hospital admitting privileges at a nearby hospital in the event of emergency circumstances.
- Attorney General Landry upheld the 2nd Amendment when he successfully led the efforts to block banks from doing bond business with the State after they refused to do business with law-abiding firearms companies.
- Landry has upheld religious expression in schools when he co-authored the Louisiana Student Rights Review with Congressman Mike Johnson, the first set of such guidelines published by a DOJ for students, teachers, and administrators on religious expression in government schools.
- Protecting children from predators, the LDOJ Cyber Crime Unit has made over 400 arrests.
- Landry has repeatedly challenged executive powers when he asserted that Louisiana’s Governor was overstepping constitutional authority by interfering with the legislative process in crafting law. Landry’s assertion of executive overreach via Executive Order JBE 2016-11 (which effectively granted LGBQT+ ‘men’ the privilege to patronize women’s restrooms) has been upheld in three separate decisions all the way to the Louisiana State Supreme Court.
LFF President Gene Mills says, “Louisiana is fortunate to have a principled counselor as the head of LDOJ. Jeff Landry and his stellar legal team deserve honor and gratitude for a job well done and often completed under difficult fiscal limitations!”
Landry is receiving the award at the 2019 LFF Awards Gala on September 26th at Healing Place Arena in Baton Rouge, La.
For more information, contact Gene Mills at 225-344-8533 or email [email protected].
Louisiana Family Forum, the “Voice for Traditional Families in Louisiana,” is dedicated to preserving faith, family, and freedom in Louisiana through research, communication and networking. The organization is a 501(c)(3) tax-deductible non-profit and is the statewide affiliate of Focus on the Family.
Copyright © 2019 Louisiana Family Forum, All rights reserved.
Louisiana Family Forum
655 Saint Ferdinand St.
Baton Rouge Louisiana, 70802-6152