How To Talk About…
BUDGET, AND DEBT
- Many taxpayer dollars are wasted on frivolous programs that the U.S. does not need.
- Washington’s reckless spending drives up America’s debt and hurts the economy. Congress should refrain from spending money it does not have.
- All across America, families are balancing their budgets and paying off debt. If Americans can do it, the federal government can as well.
IMPORTANCE OF CUTTING SPENDING
- The U.S. needs to cut spending now with a clear path to live within our means in the future.
- Cut spending and return to the spending caps passed under the Budget Control Act.
- Reject tax hikes and aggressively pursue growth-oriented tax reform.
- Reform entitlements.
- Reform the federal budget process.
- Government spending per household reached$29,867 in 2015 and is projected to rise by over 50 percent in only one decade to $48,088 per household in 2025.
- To set aside enough money today to pay the current debt and future unfunded costs just from Social Security and Medicare, each person in America today, including children, would owe more than $211,000.
Go back to the main list of “ Pocket Solutions.“
Click here for more in-depth details and information provided by the Heritage Foundation.