How To Talk About…
- Obamacare is unfair, unaffordable, and unworkable. It is time to repeal Obamacare.
- Most of the “gains” in coverage that Obamacare has seen have been from a vast expansion of the Medicaid program, not from previously uninsured families being able to afford quality coverage.
- Empowering individuals to control their health care dollars and decisions is a far better prescription for health care reform.
- Americans should have access to a wide variety of plans and insurers who compete freely, with the freedom to choose a plan and doctors that best suit their needs.
- Repeal Obamacare in its entirety.
- Promote a free market for health care by removing regulatory and policy obstacles that discourage choice and competition.
- Encourage personal ownership of health care by reforming the tax treatment of health care.
- Transform health care coverage for low-income Americans by reforming Medicaid as a true safety net and glide path out of poverty.
- Modernize the Medicare program to meet the current demographic, fiscal, and structural challenges.
- Obamacare adds nearly $2 trillion in new spending, over $1 trillion in new taxes, and more than $800 billion in Medicare cuts.
- Enrollment projections have fallen far short of the original CBO projections of 21 million. In 2016, only 10 million individuals are expected to obtain coverage through the Obamacare exchanges.
Go back to the main list of “Pocket Solutions.”
Click here for more in-depth details and information provided by the Heritage Foundation.